With Queen’s Players, you get the chance to work and create alongside a committed and passionate team in one of the most worthwhile experiences you’ll have at Queen’s, guaranteed! (Or else the board is required to send you all of their shoes… Crocs included.) As a not-for-profit musical sketch-comedy show, proceeds go towards providing support for different charities and initiatives within the Kingston community and beyond. If you’re ready for all of the chaotic energy you could possibly imagine, then Queen’s Players is the team for you.
A few important notes about the show and process:
- Our audition has three parts where we’ll ask to hear you sing a verse and a chorus of a song of your choice, get you to show us some dance moves, and have you try a few characters that may appear in the show. If you have a character, archetype, impersonation, or sketch that you would want to do in a show, try it out in the room!
- After being cast, you’ll work with the Director and the rest of the cast to create the script and concept of the show through sketch writing rehearsals.
- Before our show, rehearsals will be made around the schedule of our cast and production team.
- Auditions are open to all current Queen’s students (and recently graduated alum for the summer show, if you want to do a cheeky little swan song)
- Slots can be filled right up until each respective audition day.
- Interested in submitting a video audition rather than meeting us over video call? Send us an email and let’s start a dialogue.
- We aren’t saying we accept bribes, buuuuuuut… we might accept bribes.
- Looking for more info? View our astounding Google Presentation here.
MUST BE LEGAL DRINKING AGE BEFORE SHOW STARTS.